Oh crap moment Springer TRP

geetarman

I have a new TRP bull barrel with no barrel bushing. I cleaned the gun when I first got it and other than developing a profound dislike for the hinky guide rod, things went well and reassembled just fine.

I took the gun to the range again and ran 60 rounds through it and again everything was fine.

I made the mistake of trying to move the guide rod forward to insert the pin to get the pressure off without making sure everything was degreased. So my thumb slipped off the rod and the rod slammed into the lug on the link. . .twice!!

I finally got everything cleared and the link was bound up. I had raised burrs on the clevis the link swings in.

I was able to take a small pattern file and file the burr down and used a Dremel Burr to smooth everything up.

The gun is back together but I am asking you if there is something else I really need to look at.

The lug and link are pretty beefy but I question if something else ought to be done.

I am replacing the guide rod with a Dawson Precision Tool-less guide rod as soon as it comes in and will not be shooting the gun before then.

Any advice would be appreciated.
:mad:

Back