Off Topic: But I Need To Apologize

Lee M.

I would like to publicly apologize yesterday for my behavior. It was rude in me to test the patience of Tamara, Mal, George, and other moderators on this forum. I did not set a good example for our children by questioning the rules of a private forum. Even in a free society, there are rules that everyone must abide by in order to keep the peace. I want my kids to grow up respecting teachers, employers, and their elders and I wouldn't like for them to show the type of behavior as I did yesterday. This type of behavior is not my "usual" nature. I was a little heated over the subject of the HS 2000 bashing.

I also apologize to JTDuncan for starting a thread just to ridicule him. JtDuncan did not bash any person, and I apologize that I bashed him. I'm new to the forum and I hate to get off to a bad start. I've been a firearm fanatic for many years and I love discussing them. Again, I'm sorry for my rude behavior. In the future, I will make sure to abide by the rules as I should have done yesterday.
I know the damage is done as far as my credibility goes, but I would like another chance. We might learn something from each other if we're willing to listen. Thank you.

Lee, I'm sure your apology is appreciated.

Hard to believe two people got banned over your topic! Oh well, I think it was Hobbes in the Leviathan who said if man chooses to remain in a tyrannical state he agrees to abide by the rules. If you want to come to a private forum you have to agree to live by the rules, no matter how unfair you might feel them to be. It is after all a private forum.

As my dear father used to say!! "My backyard....my football....my rules!!!! You now have two options"!
I had a pretty cool dad. ;)

"I know the damage is done as far as my credibility goes,..." -- Lee

Anyone who can make such a public apology has just improved his credibility, IMO.

You made a mistake and were man enough to admit it. Put it behind you, follow the rules, and let's move on. ;)

I missed the thread but in all honesty it takes a real man to apologize in public and I assume the others who were affected will appreciate and hopefully accept the apology. Look forward to exchanging ideas with you..

Rick

I think that the moderators (and posters) here do a heck of a job.

I read TFL for information and opinions about firearms. One fundamental problem with the net is that dicussions seem much too liklely to degenerate into people calling each other idiots, which is absolutely information free. Pretty soon most posts are consist of lots of asterisks with a few consonants here and there, and you have to wade through tons of noise to get the little bit of information that's left. We can all probably list a number of examples of this degeneration.

My personal druthers, even when discussing firearms is that people express as much information as possible in a post. Labeling a firearm a "POS" tells me nothing. Telling me that it's inaccurate, or is very picky about ammo, or didn't fit you hand is pretty useful.

Just my .02

Mike P. Wagner

I just went back and waded through this sordid affair.

You are an upstanding fellow to come back on and apologize. I know I have, when I made a mistake. AFAIAC, you are welcome.:)

I highly respect you for apologizing sir.

As far as the moderators go I think they all is doing a excellent job.

Back