• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Off topic, but HELP!

OK, I'm on a discussion site that uses EZBored (or EZWhored, take your pick) as its host.

If you're familiar with this service, it's not uncommon for 1 clicked message to open 2 "pop ups."

I decided to let them run their course last week, to see what would happen.

I finally had to surrender when I had FORTY-TWO separate pop-ups open!

Enough is enough.

I need a program to kill the pop ups.

Any suggestions on the best one out there?

I have thought of this myself. It seems that there are just too many pop ups out there lately. What's worst with them is some are timed to pop up after a few seconds so while you are typing, they start popping up. If you find a program that disables automatic pop ups that's free, I would be really interested. Until then, you can stop pop ups by going to your browser's options and disabling java. However, you will also lose some features on newer websites that use excessive applettes and junk. When I build pages, I keep it simple. If I have to put a pop up on it to pay the bills, it is just one! Webmasters need to realize that by making it hard onthose with slower machines, they are losing a large percentage of money.

Seems pretty simple to me, Mike. Program yourself to stay off EzB. Life's too short.

I'm sorry but this was a little rude, he was asking for a simple answer, not everyone agrees with each others likes in boards but we need to be a little more supportive.

Mike-
My comment was intended as flip, though not rude. Perhaps if I'd added a group hug smilie? ;)

Seriously, my point was that EzBoard is simply not worth the cost of all that info overload. Just one man's opinion and, as always, YMMV.
Rich

Well, I'd agree with you, and lord knows I've booted from other sites due to pop-up overload, but the EZBoard site in question is by far the best out there for what is discussed.

Not unlike TFL in that respect, so leaving it isn't an option.

Paying EZBoard to remove the pop-ups isn't an option, either, but for a different reason.

I admit that I wasn't sure how to take your response.

Now that we're all happy again, let's all hold hands and sing Kum Ba Yah. :barf: :)

I second Miss Demeanors' recommendation. I run PopUpKiller and it's GREAT (love that shooting noise it uses :D ).

Here's another way to get it if the email thang doesn't work:

go to download.com, and search on Pop Up Killer (the search utility is at the top).

Miss Demeanors -
I installed that program today and it is wonderful! To those who haven't gotten it yet, it is well worth it! Just don't forget to synchronize your list and update it when you meet pop-ups that don't go away on their own.

Back