Oddball 10-6...

38Mike

I put a nice S&W 10-6 on layaway yesterday. Has pinned barrel, non recessed cylinder, good finish;
gun has a narrow trigger but a wide target hammer.
Also comes with oversize wood fingergroove stocks with logo. Was this gun part of some special run?

ran 150 cases through tumbler...gettin' ready :)

Thanks for any info on this weapon,

Mike M.

Not necessairily special run. Customer orders gun (in 75) and specifies options. Gun delivered from factory with the ordered options installed at a bit higher cost. The pin/cylinder combination is standard. Hammer probably around $5.00, grips a little over $10.00. Gun retailed for $102.00 in 75 so the options added about fifteen percent at that time. I used year 75 cause that was the price sheet that came to hand. Gun could have been made any time tween 62 and 77.

Sam

Thanks Sam,

I never thought of a special order gun, makes sense.......I think I got lucky, whoever had owned gun took real good care of it....

Mike M.

Finally got model 10 out of layaway........

I was cleaning gun last night when I noticed that the forcing cone was buggered. As you look into the barrel, the outside diameter of the chamfer has a bunch of "dings" ,around the top mostly. The inside diameter, common to the barrel, is fine. I sure didn't notice this when I first looked at the gun....What in the world would cause this?

I haven't had the chance to shoot the gun yet, should I have a 'smith look at this before I go to blastin'.... :rolleyes:

Any help is much appreciated..

thanks in advance...

Mike M.

weeeeeellllllllll shoot......guess that's what I'll do this weekend, shoot it and see what happens.....ya hooo eeeee...:rolleyes:

if it is the outside edge i wouldnot worry about it too much, probably someone got careless trying to scrap lead off of the topstrap or forcing cone and dinged it. May not help accuracy but should hurt safety.

Back