ODCMP selling DCM bushmaster?

house

I went to a local DCM shoot to watch and i herd the person that was holding the match in a few month that the ODCMP will be selling DCM bushmasterfor around 500.00 or so? Is this in fact true? i belive this rifle cost about 1000.00 or so. can some one follow up on this. Hope you guys can help thanks cuz for that much i think ill take 2
:)

Here is a quote from the CMP: "AR-15 sales are restricted to CMP member clubs and State Associations. There will not be any individual sales. Program details will be posted on www.odcmp.com and also mailed to CMP clubs and State Associations within the next few weeks." (sent by CMP on 3-31-00)

CIVILIAN MARKSMANSHIP PROGRAM
SELECTS BUSHMASTER "DCM"
FOR CLUB COMPETITIONS

Bushmaster Firearms is pleased to announce that it has signed a contract with the Civilian Marksmanship Program
(CMP) to supply specially marked Bushmaster DCM Competition Rifles to CMP affiliated state associations and clubs.
Through this CMP subsidized program, the highly accurized Bushmaster AR-15 type "DCM" rifle will be made available
to qualified club members to help them compete in service rifle matches. CMP Management selected Bushmaster rifles
for this project because of their reputation for high quality and accuracy. The program brochure states that Bushmaster
"produces AR-15 highpower rifles that can successfully compete in state, regional and national competitions". For
purchase eligibility, CMP requires that an affiliate club must have a Junior Rifle Program in place. Bushmaster is glad
to be part of this program and hopes it will be an opportunity for young shooters to learn the fundamentals of gun
safety, target competition, and respect for weapons.

Introduced in 1997, the Bushmaster DCM Competition Rifle design was based on the recommendations of competition
shooters at the respected Camp Perry National Highpower Matches. This .223 Rem. caliber, 20" barrelled rifle
incorporates competition modifications to the trigger group, sights, barrel, forend and buttstock yet retains the
appearance of a standard issue service rifle per CMP regulations. The Upper and Lower Receivers are specially
engraved with CMP seal and letter markings. Bushmaster will also supply sets of these specially marked receivers to
Compass Lake Engineering. These receivers will become the basis of other custom built competition rifles to be sold
through CMP's program. http://www.bushmaster.com/index.html

Back