Oculus Optics

I just noticed this brand - has some amazing prices for ED glass products. Is this a too good to be true, or a Zen-Ray-like hidden gem? Links to reviews? Thanks.

$280 for either a 8x42 ED glass roofie bin, or for a 15-45x60 ED glass spotter? Hmmmm.

Oculus

The young gent who 'discovered' the Oculus was a cover subject in a Popular Mechanics (?) magazine a few months ago.

His ideas were sold to a Capital Risk firm and they are supposedly off and running with the idea.

It was a good read and wasn't too far removed from the tv program 'Shark Tank'.

salty

Oh, Oculus is the Bass Pro new optics store brand. Their old store brand for optics was Redhead, which is still their store brand name for other merchandise besides optics. So I don't know if these are re-branded Redheads, or a whole new deal or what? Evidently, no one really knows how good they are, and they don't appear trustworthy at present. I put them in the "too good too be true" category as usually happens. Maybe they'll become a Vortex or Zen-Ray; we'll see.

Maybe some infringement involved here.

"Oculus" that I was refering to involved computer and camera assistasnce to display visual images that have useful value to a bunch of stuff ranging from gaming, medicine, HUDs, and a gawd awful bunch of other high tech visual aids.

salty

Ahh, that makes more sense.

I read a bad review on a *different* Oculus spotter in Boy's Life. Starting to look like "too good to be true" category, which of course is far more likely.

Back