OC Spray training

rmagill

My mom is considering carrying OC. However, we are having a difficult time finding any place that offers OC spray training. Does anyone here know of a place in/near to the Lehigh Valley (Eastern PA) that offers OC spray training for civilian women? Thanks

I had to get sprayed myself before I was authorized to carry OC. They said it would allow us to understand the effects. BS! I understand the effect of getting shot too, and no one had to shoot me. I guess I'm still mad about it, I think I almost died.:barf:

Did they give you a task to complete after exposure or did you just stand there?

When OC is deployed, there is a very high probability that the 'deployer' (you) will get contaminated. You need to learn how to react in a controlled environment - i.e. you need to learn that you CAN fight after being exposed.

Additionally, the exposure could provide an additional level of credibility if you have to testify. 1) You know what the suspect (you sprayed) was going through as you have been through it yourself and 2) you can better articulate the reason you were justified to shoot the person who tried to unlawfully spray you - you know how you react when exposed.

Randy

Yeah, I know the reasons, I was being a little sarcastic. I would not want to work with someone carrying OC that had not been through the training. And yes there was an "obstacle course" where we had to use various USD skills and then defend from a "surprise" attack from behind, by the BIGGEST SGT we had, who tries to get your weapon. You had to fight him off, draw your weapon and talk him into the prone.

Back