OC Freeze?

cbjessee@NH

I have an auto OC unit clipped to the visor here in sunny but cool NH. It was made by Guardian Products, but their web site appears to be down. Online literature from vendors says safe storage in auto and resistance to heat, but nothing about cold. Does anyone know if the stuff has any anti-freeze? I guess I can freeze and shake, but the spouse my object to Tabasco spary in the freezer.

BRET

I suspect the only problem you're likely to encounter would be the can freezing up (and probably bursting) or the spray nozzle freezing up. On the plus side, if the can freezes and explodes, you'll know right away that you have problems (:D)...but if it is the nozzle that freezes up (I also imagine this would happen first) you won't have any clue until you try to use it. Not a good time to discover that Plan A is a no-go.

I would not leave it in your car.

Mike

I don't suppose you happen to have a list of ingredients? Maybe know the pressure in the canister? Those would really help. Also, doesn't the manufacturer have a phone #? They could probably tell you.

Back