Obama's 10 point plan Evidence - ammo ban

I think the bit on the Attorney General's drags in other issues that may cost you support among readers and clouds the understanding of the issue.

I would just keep it simple and point out that with the decision of a single political-appointee, any type of ammunition could be permanently banned from the marketplace. If you have to name names, throw out a "Would you like Janet Reno making that decision?" since she has strong negatives among most voters.

Otherwise, very nice.

Thanks for the feedback.

Bartholomew Roberts said:
If you have to name names, throw out a "Would you like Janet Reno making that decision?" since she has strong negatives among most voters.

why do you say this? I'm not terribly familiar with Reno's history.

I'm not terribly familiar with Reno's history.
:eek: You've led a sheltered life. 'tis nothing pleasant to report, that's for sure.

Attorney General of the US from 1993 - 2000.

• Supervised the murder of 76 men, women and children in Waco.
  • Leaked the name of Richard Jewell as a suspect in the Atlanta Olympic Park Bombing case - though he was completely innocent and the real bomber remained at large until after she stepped down as AG.
  • Kidnapped Elián González from his family at gunpoint and sent him to Cuba.
  • Withheld evidence during the impeachment of former president Clinton.

You've led a sheltered life. 'tis nothing pleasant to report, that's for sure.

Naw... I'm just young. 1993 is 15 years ago.

Attorney General of the US from 1993 - 2000.
* Supervised the murder of 76 men, women and children in Waco.
* Leaked the name of Richard Jewell as a suspect in the Atlanta Olympic Park Bombing case - though he was completely innocent and the real bomber remained at large until after she stepped down as AG.
* Kidnapped Elián González from his family at gunpoint and sent him to Cuba.
* Withheld evidence during the impeachment of former president Clinton

*Waco was filled with criminals/cultists right? There was a long standoff if I remember correctly. That alone may make people think it was their fault.
*Olympic bomber could have been an honest mistake and women are stereotypically known for not being able to keep their mouth shut.... may upset fewer people than you think.
*The Elián González affair was a wedge issue. So much so political outrage caused Al Gore to flip flop.
*The evidence tid-bit is but a tiny footnote on her wikipedia profile. Apparently not too many people were upset.

Reno may push some buttons on the older republican crowd, but I doubt it will with the younger generation. At least not on any of these issues.

Taking judges away (habeus corpus - Gonzalas) and banning dildos (alabama) are to laws/view that will certainly shock my generation.

Back