Obama breaks cover, comes out with statements against Concealed carry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curtis(USAF)

Well I said yesterday that all politicians are corrupt in their own special special way, regardless of what letter they stick beside their name. Now I read this from the Pittsburgh Tribune review

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/s_560181.html

"Chad Ramsey likes what he sees.

That worries Kim Stolfer.

Ramsey, the associate director of the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, says each of the three presidential candidates has, to some degree, supported the center's efforts to regulate the gun trade. That hasn't been the case in an election year for a long time."

Apparently Obama has come out with a statement to the effect that he does not support Concealed Carry.

I am not in favor of concealed weapons,” Obama told the Pittsburgh Tribune. “I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations.”

http://townhall.com/columnists/AmandaCarpenter/2008/04/03/obama_comes_out_against_concealed_carry

Hillary is still pondering renewing the AWB, and Mccain has his own bit of history to answer for.

Now is a darned good time to write up some letters to your congress critters, consider joining the NRA or whatever proshooting political group floats your boat, support your local gunstores,

I've got my own idea on how to take these dangerous guns off the streets! I'm buying them up for myself.

Now is a darned good time to write up some letters to your congress critters, consider joining the NRA or whatever proshooting political group floats your boat, support your local gunstores.

I agree 100%

It was only a matter of time before he would come out and say this... I guess we are too dangerous to be trusted.:barf:

meanwhile

"Ramsey, the associate director of the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, says each of the three presidential candidates has, to some degree, supported the center's efforts to regulate the gun trade. That hasn't been the case in an election year for a long time. "http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/s_560181.html

I believe there is an indication that the Brady center wants to turn any statement where a candidate does not respond with a direct statement where they say handguns are a protected right into a pro Brady statement.

"All three believe the Second Amendment gives individuals, not militias, the right to own guns. A landmark case before the Supreme Court is considering that question and whether to overturn the District of Columbia's ban on handguns." http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/s_560181.html

So the latter statement in the article indicates the oposite of the first statment. First the candidatea all support the ban on guns and latter all three see individuals as having rights to own them. Maybe the reporter does not know who has a stand on what.

In any event the article sure sems to implicate all three and not just Obama. So lets not give McCain a free ride on this one while slaming Obama alone.

Well, well, well. Obama's finally come out of the closet on Concealed Carry issues. I believe he will try, if elected, to use ANY METHOD he can to void our state issued carry permits.

That's the way it is in Illinois and Obama thinks that's the way it should be.

Hopefully he's cutting his own throat. I wish some pro gun media types(both of them:rolleyes:)would hammer him with gun question after gun question from now until November. Like they say, the issue of guns can be a 3rd rail for some campaigns.

In any event the article sure sems to implicate all three and not just Obama. So lets not give McCain a free ride on this one while slaming Obama alone.

Obama wants to ban all semi-auto firearms. McCain doesn't -- in fact, McCain voted against the Clinton Assault Weapon Ban.

Obama voted against the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. You know, the legislation that prevents Remington, Smith & Wesson, and all of the other gun manufacturers from being sued out of existance. McCain voted for the Act.

Then again, if you don't like semi-automatic firearms, and don't want to be able to buy a new gun because the firearm manufaturers have been sued into bankruptcy, then Obama is your man. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back