O/U Breakdown Cases Recommendations

What's the purpose? Just for going in the car back and forth to the range; going by car interstate for matches; or maybe traveling by air?

Browning has some cases that are canvas covered and run on sale about $150; Pelican makes a great case for all uses for a little more; Americase makes a heavy aluminum one also good for all uses.

I have that case and it is great. Zipper closure with a fold over flap, comes with shoulder strap and there should be enough room for your extra choke tubes.
It has two zippered pockets for what ever. Light in weight and has plastic feet or rub pads to protect the case from the ground/floor.

I got it because my Charles Daly has 32 inch barrels and the case takes them.

For transportation to and from the range couldn't be better.

For back and forth to the range, I use a gunslip as I don't like to break it down from the safe to the club and back home.

Bob Allen had some great ones as does several others

If flying I would recommend an Americase. Will run you about $300is. All metal, good locks and snug fit for O/u guns. Don't know what you mean by inexpensive which is relative? If flying with my $10K+ target shotguns I don't use a $20 case. If just going to the range any plastic case will work.

No case is bullet-proof: My buddy was flying to a major shoot only to find the baggage handlers had run a forklift's tines through an all metal case. IMHO, as long as the case has a sturdy perimeter frame you don't need the extra weight of a metal skin.

I like the Browning cases ....for a long term durable case...but like others said, nothing is airline handling proof...and those cases are up around $ 300 new now. But if you shop around at gunshows, used gun shops, etc.....you may see some decent cases, maybe a little scratched up....but you might find a deal.

Like others said - make sure it has a solid frame.

This SKB case will probably be ok to and from the range....but so would most anything....

Back