Nylon holster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirex288

This might be a wrong place to ask this in but I need help. Yesterday I saw a LEO with a nylon duty belt. His holster caught my eye. The holster had a slot cut out around the ejector area (?). So if you fired the gun while in the holster, the shell can freely fly out. Does anyone know what brand this is? I've checked out Safariland and Uncle Mike's. Still can't think of any other brands. Thanks.

Bianchi International makes quality holsters, including nylon duty rigs. They have a .com website, but only sell through dealerships and therefore don't list prices as I recall. I would also be interested in any other replies as I believe you must be mistaken as to the purpose of any cutouts. In order for a semiautomatic pistol to fire from the holster ...1. The trigger must exposed .This is a definite no,no with Glocks as the only safety is located on the trigger . 2. If the pistol was not a Glock or another striker fired pistol , any retaining strap would interfer with hammer travel. At least if the strap went over or under the hammer as so many do. 3. Did the holster appear to be able to swing or pivot in some way? Otherwise the only way to shoot the BG would be to fall on your back or stand directly above the felon. 4. Even if the first round did somehow manage to fire , the resistance of the holster lining against the slide would most likely prevent the full cycle of the pistol. I believe I have seen small leather holsters designed for pocket autos like you describe, but I think it is probably a marketing gimmick and would not really work reliably. I would guess the cutout was at the front of the holster and designed for a quicker draw and easier reinsertion into the holster. It may have been a hidden retention holster that requires a special technique of gun removal for added security of the weapon ,also, although that is just a blind guess. If you discover the make and model of this holster let us know. Sounds interesting to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back