Nylon Drift Punches for Installing Pistol Sites..where can they be had?

Justin Moore

I was wondering if anyone here could tell me where I could find a nylon or nylon tipped drift punch suitable for installing some pistol sites? Brownells makes one, but the only size they have is 5/16th in diameter and I was hoping to find something smaller than that. Thanks for your help :)

JLM

If Brownell's does not offer anything smaller, I don't know where to send you. You may have to have them made by a friendly machinest and his lathe.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

I bought my nylon punches from Brownells and they came in all sizes. Try www.brownells.com and see if they have any. The other option is to use brass punches which are easier on the sight than steel. I always use a rag when using steel punches to soften the blow and prevent marring.

------------------
God made us...
Thomas Jefferson made us equal...
John Browning made us free.

Brass works fine. Any good hardware store will have a variety of sizes. Remember: tap, tap, tap; not pound, pound, pound ;)

Regards,
Frank

whittle down your old toothbrush handle. works fine for sight pins. doesn't last long, but look at the cost! :)

------------------
When Reason Fails.....

Hello,
I have used the nylon tip punches but have found that when dealing with a very snug sight that the nylon material absorbes a lot of the hammer blow and may not get the job done. I usually end up using a brass or steel punch. The brass can leave a mark and the steel a scratch but both are easily touched up.
Bob

Back