Nylon Belts?

Model12Win

Does anyone use a nylon belt for CCW? Something like a rigger's belt? Looking for a thin yet strong belt to CCW a Ruger SP101. My current carry belt has gotten too small and I need to get a new one that hopefully isn't too thick to avoid printing but supports the gun nicely. Also wanting one that is comfortable to wear.

Thoughts?

Look over what Wilderness sells.
I normally wear a heavy leather 1-1/2" belt made by a local saddle maker. My nylon experience is with Eagle Industries belts and 511 pants. These belts are 2" and do not work well with most of the leather holsters I wear now that I am retired.

Make sure you do not get the belt too wide for your holsters.

Bob

Wilderness all the way for me. Get the triple stitched option. I like the composite D rings instead of the metal riggers buckle because it doesn't trip metal detectors. Great belts that last and keep their shape really well over time. Also look at their "frequent flyer" belt for lighter duty even without carry. I have both and love them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've used one of the nylon belts from 5.11 for several years and have been very happy with it. I think I got it on Amazon for maybe thirty bucks.

I use my 5.11 belt everyday. Highly reccomend it. I don't recall the name, but it holds up every gun I've asked it to. Well worth the $40.

I wore a Wilderness riggers belt (several different ones over the years as they wore out), for probably 20 years as a professional firefighter. I have actually done "bail outs" using the belt hardware; so the belts themselves are first rate. I have never worn one of these belts for every day wear or for carrying a gun; but the quality of the belts is top notch.

* a bail out is when you are fighting a fire and you find yourself trapped on an upper floor of a building. You have a piece of webbing in your turnout gear which you tie off on a bed or something then attach it to your belt and rappel out the window.

Give the “Nexbelt EDC” a look. Also offered by Blade-tech and carried at Cabalas.

Buy 1, cut it to your size and have almost unlimited adjustability. Ive got 3 of them and they are all i wear for belts now.

A rigger's belt may be too thick for regular holster belt loops. Easily fixed with a leather holster though.
Current issue military web belts are too thick.

I've been using Blade-Tech's Ultimate Carry Belt for almost a year now, and as ballistic nylon belts I've tried, this one is head-and-shoulders better than the rest. I bought ,mine at my LGS, but they can be found many places online.
https://shop.opticsplanet.com/blade-tech-ultimate-carry-belt.html?_iv_code=06-SGB-BTUCB-UCB-1-1-1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&-CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED-=plusbox-beta&gclid=Cj0KCQiAkNfSBRCSARIsAL-u3X96vwcxxCVXbkB7GwUgIPVHOouGnx8hc7HBUNeJCbU6_bffcfeN2GsaAoftEALw_wcB

Why do I like this belt so much?

It looks like a regular belt.

It works like a regular belt; no double-threading the tongue through a buckle.

It's 1.5 inches wide, so it'll easily fit just about any style of pants/shorts belt loops.

It has a built-in stiffener insert, so no sagging over time.

It has one inch incremental marks on the inside making a custom fit a little easier.

It's a ratchet-style, which makes it nearly infinitely adjustable (1/4 inch adjust-ability).

Because it's a ratchet there's never any slippage while wearing. Walk, run, jump, crawl without fear of loosening the belt.

All parts are heavy duty; the buckle is milled steel, the ratchets are carbon fiber, etc.

Only issues are that you need a set of heavy duty scissors/tin snips to cut the belt to size and a hex driver to secure the buckle to the belt.

The only thing that could make this belt better would be if it came with a leather/suede backer for just a little more long-term comfort. That said, I've worn the belt for up to 10 hours straight and for a nylon belt it was pretty comfortable.

For games or military-type training, maybe it's not the best choice, but for EDC or training classes, it's the best belt I've found so far under $100.

I'm a leather guy, but the Wilderness instructor belt is fantastic. I bought one for camping hiking trips and I'm impressed with the weight it can support.

It's a fantastic gun belt and every bit the equal to a well made leather belt.

Back