NY lasers?

Redhawk,

There is this thing that is NY that is NOT New York City.

Eric,

Laser scopes are perfectly legal in NY. The use of them is restricted. Any device which actually projects a dot onto the target cannot be used to hunt any animal that is "protected". For example, no on deer, yes on woodchucks. The type of scope that does not project a dot, ie "red dot" scopes, are fine for any purpose.

Right, that makes sense to me. I showed my buddy my CrimsonTrace and he remarked that the grips are actually illegal in NY. He's a former CO at Jamesville, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt to check. He's also from Fulton, so I should've known

Well, if they're illegal in NY then there are a number of FFLs down here on Long Island who are breaking the law left and right. I'd been shopping for Kimbers just last week and saw at least one model with the crimson trace grips in all of the 6 or 7 shops that I visited.

Crimson trace grips and ones like it are not illegal.

Any device that pojects a dot/ laser point on a target is illegal when hunting game animals ( not woodchucks as correctly pointed out above )

You can use any optic/ laser for a firearm, as long as you are not hunting deer/ squirrels/ bunnies... with it

Back