NRA TV Commercial

BarryLee

I haven’t been watching much TV lately and when I do it’s usually recorded so I skip the commercials. I did flip by FoxNews last night and caught a nice NRA commercial. At first I was pleased to see this, but then I thought isn’t this sort of like preaching to the choir. I suspect most Fox viewers support the Second Amendment, so why not run these commercials on other channels where more undecided individuals might be watching. Anyway, just curious has anyone ever seen an NRA commercial on TV? If so what network? What network would you like to see an NRA commercial on?

The Video

What network would you like to see an NRA commercial on?

AMC. They have quite a few violent, firearm-centric shows that would have sympathetic viewers (The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, Preacher, et al).

One add on one station played once or once in awhile - no effect. If the NRA really wants to have an impact, they will hire the team who does all of the Geico commercials and budget accordingly! Geico effectively uses a variety of themes is their commercials to target different age demographics.

I never could understand why group, like the NRA, feel the need to produce their own commercials. Just go after the team that produces the commercials that WORK! Having said all that, the NRA commercial wasn't bad at all, I just don't think it will change anything.

Oh, please, please, please let the NRA sponsor something on Public TV. I know they don't have 'commercials' but they have minute after minute of 'this show brought to you by...'

The swooning would be epic if Masterpiece Theater had to run, 'brought to you by our friends at the NRA' with a rifle in the background.

Not being "in the business" I don't know if the situation has changed, but for a long time, from the days before FOX, and everyone having cable or satellite TV, the major networks generally didn't allow the NRA to BUY airtime.

The anti gunners got to run their commercials, and some of them even run FREE, (being called "news"), but the NRA was almost always denied.

WHICH, they have a legal right to do. They are private companies, and can choose whom they accept as customers.

I do watch Fox but haven't (yet) seen the NRA commercial. Fox does run Henry RIfles commercials, often.

The NRA commercial runs quite frequently on FOX. Their "I am the NRA" clips are very well done.

I've seen a couple NRA ads on YouTube, one with Wayne LaPierre, and another with Chris Cox, and a few others awhile back with Colion Noir and others like him. Going on about "domestic terrorists", "relentless left-wing media", and the like. Personally, I'm stuck in the neutrality, although some of their points are a little stretched out.

WHICH, they have a legal right to do. They are private companies, and can choose whom they accept as customers.
I'm not sure on the details, but I believe there are some exceptions to this rule regarding political ads. I'm not sure "NRA" can get involved in political ads, but some branch of the organization probably could.

I agree the NRA, and pretty much any organization considering it, should hire an outside organization that specializes in advertising to produce the ads.

The other side of it is NRA has how many members? I think 4 million was thrown around at some point. I'd estimate gun ownership at roughly 100 million+(based on percentage of households with firearms and population). They can do a lot of preaching to the choir and still expect to increase membership and related fee revenue.

What ad is the "NRA", not ILA or PVF, going to run on TV that is directly related to their mission? Are they going to advertise Eddy Eagle classes or riflery competitions? Are we really talking about PVF or ILA, which are separate legal entities? I think issue makes the topic one of those things that is much more complicated than most realize, but someone more involved with the NRA could probably make more accurate comments on the issue.

Back