NRA Insurance

Shooter2675

I was thinking of getting the NRA's ArmsCare Plus insurance policy. I have some questions about how to value my guns. I don't have any firearm over $2500 (if I did, I'd have to individually list the pieces of that gun and every gun over $2500). However, how should I choose the value for each gun? For instance, I paid about $250 for my Nagant revolver, but to get a new one (including shipping and transfer fee) it would easily cost $400 or $450. Should I could my Nagant revolver as $450? Also, say I bought a Henry 30-30 for $700 including tax, but now it depreciated to say $450. Should I still count the Henry as $700?

Thank you,

John

Insure at replacement value. You lost a $450 Nagant revolver, not a $250 Nagant revolver, as one example. The intent of insurance is to make your loss whole, not just return your $250.

Ship and transfer are legitimate replacement costs, add them to your current value. Don't forget sales tax if you pay that, that's additional replacement expense.

Can't say about depreciated pieces, I would value your replacement cost at your original cost, to make you whole. The company will either pay your $700 or quibble about it, let them do the work, don't negotiate against yourself.

umm I'm pretty sure these days insurance companies replace at a depreciated value of the item not the replacement value..

They want receipts.. so if you paid 250 bucks 4 years ago you will get a depreciated value of that..

If there are insurance companies that you know of that replace 100% of the "Current" value then please let us know because that would be awesome..

Last edited:
The NRA "ArmsCare Plus" covers your firearms to the value you set. With any guns valued over $2500 you have to list the firearm and accessories but not the serial number. There is a $100 deductible. (unless you have additional coverage)

Back