NRA convention 'issue.'

luger fan

I live in Indy, NRA Convention in a few weeks. Indiana allows both concealed carry AND open carry. Problem is Pres Trump will speak at the Convention. I will attend but it will be interesting to see what concerns the Secret Service/local LEO's will face.

The NRA Annual Meeting website has information regarding security (restrictions) while the President and Vice President are in attendence.

"In a few weeks"? You mean in a couple of days -- the dates are April 26 thru April 28. That's this weekend.

BBarn said:
The NRA Annual Meeting website has information regarding security (restrictions) while the President and Vice President are in attendence.
If you have a link to this, please post it. I've spent a fair amount of time cruising the annual meeting web site, and I couldn't find any reference to special security during the President's attendance. If the information is there, the NRA didn't try to make it easily available.

I was at an NRA Convention where Trump spoke. Entry to the auditorium was like entry to an airport sterile area. Bags are searched and everyone and everything goes thru a metal detector and magnetometer.

I’ve seen Bill Clinton and have shook his hand in person, after he was out of office. After experiencing the security shake down for a former president I doubt anyone will get anything dangerous close to a sitting president.

Back