NPR publishes something NOT anti-gun???

DaleA

NPR researched school shootings and found out that 2/3 of the reported school shootings (reported by the U.S. Department of Education) never happened and THEY PUBLISHED THE STORY!!!

Yes indeed the "when pigs fly" web site has another entry.

You can read the NPR story here:
https://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2018/08/27/640323347/the-school-shootings-that-werent

Is there some realization in the NPR 'community' that they are so blatantly biased in their handling of gun related stories that they have thrown us a bone so to speak when they found out that the 240 reported school shootings in 2015-2016 only 11 could be confirmed, in 161 of the cases the schools would not confirm a shooting happened or denied that a shooting had happened.

I think this possibly be used as an argument as to why the CDC shouldn't get money to study "gun violence".

A lot of this has to do with how anti-gun political groups report gun violence. A "mass shooting" (according to some sites) is any incident where 4 or more people felt like they "could have been" shot. "School shootings" include any incident where real or fake guns threatened students, whether at school or not (remember the gun-shaped Pop-Tart? Yep! School shooting, according to them). So a reality check (by NPR or anyone else on the other side of the fence) is refreshing.

It's pretty bad when "Everytown for School Safety", a rabid, anti-gun organization created by Michael Bloomberg, as I recall, shows only 29 shootings during that same time period.

I note that there are "only eight schools appearing on both (lists)."

That tells me that probably only those 8 are real.:rolleyes:

NPR is most certainly left leaning but through the years I have found them to be factual and honest even if they do spin it to the left.

Back