Now, I can't keep the bolt in, 700 BDL.

There is a little tab in the trigger guard that released the bolt stop to allow you to remove the bolt. Check and see if you can pull the tap dowm a bit to release the bolt stop so it can work.

You didnt say if you removed the action from the stock, if so you may have lost the bolt stop and or spring. If you didnt remove the action from the stock, chances are the bolt stop/spring is still there, which means it got dirty or something preventing the spring from allowing the bolt stock to return to the position to stop the bolt from coming out of the action.

I did not remove anything but the bolt. Could I have lost something by just removing the bolt? I can't find anything. The button feels like it is up in there to far.

If it's an older one those can get gummed up after years of gun oil & crud working in the trigger block assembly, you may want to remove barrel & action from the stock and give it a good scrubbing. I've had it happen!

Pat

Pull your barreled action and give the trigger housing a good scrub, the bolt release lever will accumulate with dust, debris and so on after some time and needs to be de-gunked and lightly oiled.

Mil-Comm makes an excellent oil and grease that will leave a super slick deposit on the metal after you wipe off the excess, or spray it down with a good, DRY Silicone spray.

Back