Nova Pump

Paul K

My dad says he "might get me a new shotgun for my birthday"
they say novas are cheep (price wise) and i was wondering how much they are.

For pump shotguns Novas are mid-range. More expensive models are the Ithica, Browning, H+K, Rem Wingmaster. Less expensive are Mossbergs, Rem Express, Charles Daly, Chicom rip-offs.

Depending on where you live, around $299.00-$350.00(although cammo will probably run you $50.00-$75.00 more)
Z

Offhand, I have forgotten. Dalys are contract guns. If you search the website the information is there somewhere.

Charles Daly is an IMPORTER, not a MANUFACTURER. All their stuff is made by other firms and "branded" Charles Daly. One CD item might be from Hoo Dat, China, another from the former Soviet satellite of Upchukistan, the third from Zimbabwe Small Arms and Lawn Mower Repair.

Would that they all were made in either Turkey or a former Soviet republic or satellite country...it's the Chinese stuff that really sucks. Aside from the moral imperative of not buying products from a terrorist nation, their products are truly garbage.

I bought a Norinco 1911 (alas, I was hard of heart back then) when these were touted as "the only reasonable choice." There are still gunsmiths today that speak approvingly of their quality in fit and finish. But I have hands and eyes: they are sloppy and ugly, horrible tool marks etc.

The Turks and folks west of China are quite capable craftsmen...I'd have little trouble trusting a Turkish shotgun - but that goshdang aluminum receiver! Give me steel!

Back