• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Not getting Email notifications

Jbroad572

I haven't received an email notification yet to any of my posts. Is this feature deactivated? The messages aren't going to my spam folder either. Just want to check.

JBroad572, I looked at your user profile and everything is set correctly. You should be receiving email notifications of the threads you subscribe to.

The caveat is that you must manually subscribe to the thread when posting. Have you done that? There are some options just below the edit box. One of those is the Thread Subscription Notification Type. It's a pull-down menu.

Al, I thought that with "Instant Email Notification" selected (the one Jbroad5720 has selected), a member is automatically subscribed to a thread in which he posts. IOW, no need to manually subscribe to a thread.

It does appear that there is a bug in there somewhere, either on our end or on his end.

Jbroad572 - double check to be sure emails from TFL aren't being blocked somehow by your email app (spam filter, etc.)

Test post 1.

I turned on automatic notification to see if I get an email.

[Added a few seconds later]
The system automatically subscribed me to this thread.

Test post 2.
But, no email. Maybe it won't email if the new post is from the subscribed member. I'll wait until someone else posts here to check out that aspect.

Thanks, Bud, I got the email immediately.
Bud Helms has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Not getting Email notifications - in the Suggestions, Questions and Tech Support forum of TheFiringLine Forums.

This thread is located at:
http://www.TheFiringLine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238345&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Here ya go ... test, test.

So, Jbroad572, I've gotta think the problem is on your end with your email process. Also, as I just determined, you won't receive an email when you post to a subscribed thread yourself.

That is really weird. I get all my other forum notifications and received the email verification, but still no replies. They aren't going to my spam folder or anything. I'm going to try changing my email address to my gmail and see what happens.

I'll bet your old email "service" was blocking what it considered spam by their own definition. What service was it?

Back