• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

not for nothing

diablo508

granted I'm newer here than most but it seems that a lot of "suggestions" in this part get shot down and locked up....

...I might be missing something but isn't that the point of this area of the forum?:confused:

?...there aren't even enough posts in that forum to qualify as "a lot", which is non-specific to begin with...let alone threads that have been locked.

true...I just noticed looking at the first few pages that many seem to be locked....and thought that it defeats the purpose of this area...

......I know that "alot", "many", and "few" are non-specific..I wasn't trying to be

Quiz time - what is the purpose of this forum?
A place to post threads that you want locked real soon. :p

OK, OK, I'll try to keep it on topic. I think some of the reasons a lot of the threads are closed here is that many make suggestions that have already been considered or raise a technical issue that quickly gets resolved. Since most of these are not gun related they tend to go off-topic and/or get silly real quick, so I think the mods politely respond, then close 'em.

I was kinda hoping diablo508 would answer, but he didn't. The grymster got it exactly right. This is a place to submit suggestions or ask questions of the staff. It is not a conversational forum, so when the suggestion is accepted/rejected, or the question is answered, etc., there is no need for further discussion so the thread is locked. As grymster notes, the "discussion" often turns to silliness after the initial and proper discussion is over.

Mal H said:
As grymster notes, the "discussion" often turns to silliness after the initial and proper discussion is over.

And when it does, the mods are often among the culprits...

I've kinda had the impression that one of the "unofficial" purposes of this forum is to be a low-visibility outlet for some silliness from folks who are really, really proper most of the time... :D

Back