Not a firearm but WW II knives

TomADC

New sheathes are back and are left-handed as were the originals!! I replaced the leather washers on three of these, my thoughts are they aren't rare and they were in really bad shape. Included before and after pictures. I used rubbing compound to clean the blades along with a healthy dose of elbow grease.
These are Cattaraugus 225Q knives from WW-II

409876635.jpg

408624114.jpg

Hate to see good steel, go to waste !!!

Very nice and I appreciate the work that you put into these, as I too have restacked a few knives. I hate to see these old-boys, go to waste. Thanks for sharing. .... :)

Be Safe !!!

Tom, I have a Ka-Bar that was carried on Bockscar by one of the crew. I applied the leaver policy, I am going to leaver the way she gave-r to me.

F. Guffey

F. Guffey, I'd sure like to see that!! These knives I have were part of thousands and thousands made and unfortunately these feel into bad repair sitting in a old safe outside in the weather for 10 years or better. I felt a minor restore would be best for them, no plans to sell just wanted the workable again.

TomADC, posting pictures has always been a thankless job, when I received the knife I received other small parts from the life of him and his wife. She wanted to give me a bicycle built for two, I insisted there had to be someone in the family that that wanted it.

I thanked her for sharing part of her like with me.

F. Guffey

Back