Nosler 35 whelen brass

Linker

Nosler claims their brass is fully prepped and ready to load. Is this true? Have any of you experienced this? I know the stuff costs enough so that it certainly should be ready to go.

Personally I would still resize it. While it may be within specs for the cartridge it most likely won't be the same as your dies. To keep things consistent I resize new brass.

I have found that Nosler brass needs to be sized.

I have picked up several boxes off prize tables, and bought some in .280AI. None of it was final sized. Some would not case gauge. Did not need much, but did need some.

Not 35 Whelen, but I've used their brass in several calibers, took them at their word, and never had an issue. Do inspect, particularly the necks. They can get dented in shipment.

I recently bought some Nosler brass for my .280 Rem. and they seem to be good to go right out of the box. I didn't have to trim, flash holes had no burrs and primer pockets were uniform, much more so than what you get from the big three. Based on those I'dbe inclined to say their .35 Whelen brass should be just fine.
Paul B.

Not 35 Whelen, but I've used Nosler 308 brass a fair bit and like it. I stopped resizing new brass of any brand years ago.

Back