Norwegian Gun Collection

Wyoredman

A friend of mine is in Norway this week on business. He has had the opportunity to visit with some very interesting folks, one of which is an avid WWII weapons collector. Here is a picture he just sent me of this fella's collection of arms from the Nazi occupation of Norway and it's liberation.

Norway%20Guns_zpsn4a0x0ew.jpg

Can you help me identify these guns? I now the 1911s. Notice the one with the stock and round mag! Cool stuff!

Really neat collection. A few of those pictured are a little newer than the occupation, but not that it matters. The one with the drum mag is pretty dark in the pic and hard to tell, but something tells me it might be a high power?

I was told that this guy had numerous long-guns as well. I didn't get a picture, but there was a M1 Garand that looked almost new!

What are the sub-guns? Finish?

The gentleman that owns these is ex-military. I understand he is of very high rank and was in charge of Norwegian border security during the cold war.

Some of the 1911's may be Norwegian...they made them on Colt machinery. The Germans used them, and they can be found marked by them.
My Dad brought one home from the war, without German stamps.

Those M1A1 carbines look brand new.

Beautiful! That is quite the established and extensive collection. And they all appear to be maintained very well.

Can you help me identify these guns? I now the 1911s. Notice the one with the stock and round mag! Cool stuff!
well some of the 1911s might actually be the norwegian M1914s(same exact gun, only everything's in metric instead of murican)

I see Lugers, sten guns, what looks like a Nambu in the middle row just past the revolvers...

a nagant revolver.

in the second picture I recognise M1 A1 paratrooper carbines and an M1 carbine. in addition to some sort of flare gun.

the sub guns are ruskies but I can't remember the model numbers for the life of me.

There is also a Lahti, what looks like a Ruger Blackhawk and what could be the butt of a P.38 next to the Luger.

My guess for the pistol in the box in the second pic would be a Hi Standard.

Back