Northrop just took one of last US 9mm companies

wild cat mccane

It is semi-auto related as you need ammo to go into the most prolific caliber. Probably everyone should be aware of this too.

Remington's ammo was just purchased by Vista Outdoors which is owned by Northrup. Probably means Barnes too which was owned by Remington/Freedom.

All that is left in America major brands that isn't owned by Northrup is Winchester and Hornady (though small). Northrup produces all Winchester Lake City ammo too and is the private partner at the US Govt owned Lake City plant.

And like that, the US has almost zero diversity in companies.
Northrup owns Vista which owns Federal, Speer, CCI, Estate, Federal Premium, American Eagle, Blazer, Fusion, Independence, Remington, Barnes, etc.

Yeah that was my major takeaway when I read about the division of Remington’s assets last week. Practically a monopoly on ammunition production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe GD has substantial ammo manufacturing in the US, but may support more calibers over 1.

Correct General Dynamics, and numerous associated companies / subsidiaries.
And they make the amazing GAU-19 3 barrel .50 cal mini gun.

FWIW Vista Outdoors spun off from ATK back in 2015. Vista Outdoors and it’s many ammo brands is owned by its shareholders.

Totally backwards.

ATK is owned by Northrup. It would be equal to saying Vista Outdoors isn't owned by Nothrup. It's a parent/daughter dynamic of corporate monopoly.

ATK owned Speer/CCI. The ammunition was was moved into Vista. ATK now just focuses on rockets, no ammunition owned. It's why Fusion 223 is the exact same bullet as Speer Gold Dot.

ATK has a huge presence in Utah....along with Northrup.

You're right though on Clarus (Burlington Coats) owns Seirra which owns Barnes. Barnes still isn't big production, but as listed, neither is Estate or Fusion.

After Winchester, I think the biggest is the unmentioned Chapter 11'd Freedom Munitions of ID followed with LAX.

Anything below that is tiny.

https://news.northropgrumman.com/ne...elected-to-lead-new-innovation-systems-sector

Last edited:
Vista Outdoors is a holding company. They hold a surprising number of well known brand names. Dunno how up to date this is.
https://vistaoutdoor.com/brands/
General Dynamics is or was owned by Colt Industries. They make 'Dinky Toys' aka LAV II, III, 6.0 and 700's down the road from me. Colt Canada makes the C7 and 8 rifles, our version of the M16/4 too. Colt was given the original Canadian owned and operated company that made 'em by our idiot government.
A-10A THUNDERBOLT II is a Northrup brand name. No mention of Vista on their Brand name site.
ATK is a smut site. snicker.

General Dynamics is or was owned by Colt Industries. They make 'Dinky Toys' aka LAV II, III, 6.0 and 700's down the road from me.

Umhh, absolutely not. I'd suggest doing basic research.
GD is one of the larger international defense contractors.
You can find them on NYSE under "GD".
They make nuclear submarines, tanks, C4I, and a lot of other big stuff not discussable on a forum.

Like or dislike the consolidation it’s probably the only way they could stay in business. We’ve lost several suppliers in the last few years. I was surprised when Rainier shut down but suspect that had more to do with being located in Oregon and no one wanting to deal with their regulations.

Vista Outdoors and it’s many ammo brands is owned by its shareholders.

...meaning that they are subject to a hostile takeover by activist investors similar to the one that caused Cabela's to go on the auction block and get parted out .....

Back