North East Florida Competitions?

Call Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club. They are out west of Jax a little ways and when I lived there they hosted IPSC matches, cowboy matches, and reduced range high power matches.

You can find a USPSA match right there in Jacksonville at the Gateway range every 2nd Saturday of the month. There is one in St. Augustine every third Saturday of the month. I shot one today just north of Ocala that occurs every fourth Sunday of the month.

You can check all these out at the USPSA site USPSA Home Page. Just enter your zip code in the box on the lower right of the page and you'll get information and links to all the nearby matches.

You don't have to be a USPSA member to participate but you may want to pay the $40 if you find you like it and want to be "classified" as explained on their web site. Join us at a match and bring a friend. It's more fun than a barrel of monkeys! :D

I will have to check it out. does gateway have a range set up for this style shooting and will they let nonmembers shoot? I know they dont let nonmembers shoot the 200yrd rifle range.

I shot at Gateway for several years without a membership but had to pay higher range fees. This was 12+ years ago and policies might have changed, best to call them and see what the deal is now. Way back when you had to be a member or with a member to use the 'open' bays for action type practice, and there had to be two persons there to shoot. Non-members shooting alone had to stay on the supervised lines. LOL, and the PA they had would warn about rapid fire regularly on the supervised lines.

To enter in a match odds are VERY high that membership is not a requirement, otherwise the out of town shooters would not show up and the matches would dwindle to nothing in a hurry.

I started to join the club a few years ago, I was told that i had to go through a safety class that was something like two weeks long (weekends) so i didnt join. Im all about being safe at the range but i was young and hard headed so i never joined. I also had a bad expierence once there form one of the I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING type of guys. (they were members)
I was on the 100yrd rifle range shooting my 30-06. Now my 06 is really loud due to the ported barrell, the guys around were getting upset b/c it was so loud, one guy asked me what i was shooting and i told him it was a 30-06
the next guy down said and i quote "ha the ultimate pu$$y gun a ported 06"
now granted i bought the gun ported and no i dont think that it is nessarry to port an 06 but either way it was none of his business. then the two of them start running their mouths about what kind of gun i was shooting and that neither of them thought i knew what i was shooting. ( all this went on while i was shooting ... i had earmuffs on so i guess they thought i couldnt hear them) after i emptyed my gun i calmly stood up and carried two empty shells
over to them and sat one down on each of their rests and went about my day.

Gateway Rifle & Pistol Club web site, GRPC
The links will have a schedule, SEPSA is the link for USPSA matches. Also, an hour North is Brunswick and we have IDPA on the fourth Saturday, Coastal GA Gun Club
St. Augustine is a half hour South, they have some great USPSA matches there.

Back