North Central NC Shooter--Nedd High Power Rifle Help

Matt R

Inactive
Hello all,

I'm a new poster but an old shooter (military, USPSA, clays, bird hunting, significant amounts of reloading, etc.). Over the last couple of years I have become interested in high power rifle, specifically service rifle shooting. I am located in the Winston-Salem, NC area and also shoot at a range near Southport, NC.

I hope to find an "old hand" at high power shooting who might be willing to help a newbie. I have been steadily accumulating equipment (2 rifles, coat, glove, spotting scope, and shooting mat to date). But have had little time to break the stuff in. If you're a service rifle enthusiast in the North Central or South Coastal areas of North Carolina, and would be interested in helping out a new shooter, please post. Many thanks and Happy New Year

Matt R

Hi Mat
Did you say you were a old Military shooter . If so you need to get in touch with the Military marksmanship assoication. in ft. Benning . they are made up of old ,old ,old shooters and I know some of the old guys are around your area .
I shot 16 years with the USAMTU and would like to help but I'm on the left cost . good luck.

There are highpower matches at piedmont handgunnera association (PHA , phashoots.com ) ;range is off exit 85 of I-85 . Great guys- they helped me get started. 2nd is northstate shooting club at butner. Best matches in the state; they shoot clear out to 1000 yds. google it, then make a match. tell them you're starting ; they'll get you w/ someone good. 3rd choice is e-mail me in april ; I'll try to help (full schedule til then) . HTH

Southport, NC

Where do you shoot here?

I belong to "Ye Olde Gun Club and Shooting Range" and if you need someone to learn from, there are many here that may fit the bill.
I am also from the Winston area, but since Grandview Indoor Range closed, I have only heard of one outdoor range in the area, but am unsure of the exact location. (but I can find out)

Back