Norinco SKS with really short stock.

deerslayer303

I've been looking at the rifle that a friend has. Its a Norinco SKS, but what catches my eye is the stock is REALLY short. Its like a youth model! I'll have to see if I can get some pics of it. I've had SKS's in the past and I've never seen one with a stock that short. Any of you know anything about these youth SKS rifles :D Or are the Chinese really that SMALL??

Anything is possible with wood. Soldiiers have been known "Personalize" their weapons if dicipline allowed it.
If you wanted to replace your stock, it should not be a big deal. Sarco among others sell new wood stocks.

What are the different models of Norinco SKS's and how to tell the difference between them? Trying to figure out what that rifle is exactly. I know there is a type 56, paratrooper, and some others.

I purchased a Norinco SKS years ago and shortened the stock for my son. Are you implying it is a factory short stock, or personalized?

Barrel - 16.5" Trigger to butt plate - 12.5"

001-1_zps8c119832.jpg

002-1_zps46990ed4.jpg

At any rate I think I'll get it, well pay for it that is. Its at my house. Good selling strategy on my buddies part. :)

That does not look factory to me. Looks like someone cut it and used a router on it to me. The angle of the butt doesn't look quite right.
Pictures from one or two other angles might tell more though.

I have one just like it....It's a paratrooper model.....

Awesome, Thanks Keg! How does yours shoot? At what ranges etc? I think I'll leave the bsquare mount but ditch the scope and put maybe a red dot on it. Wish I could find a bayonet and mounting hardware to go back on it.

I bought mine new from Ammo Depot in Big D.....It has been a long time ago....I paid $125 for it brand new..The regular one was $99....It did not come with a bayonet....
I remember taking it out and shooting it..shot a box of ammo out of the case I purchased....It grouped surprisingly well....It's been in the safe since....

Agreed, but that mount replaces the rear pin. If I can find a rear pin I will ditch it all together. But for now that mount is holding the rifle together :rolleyes: And maybe when I win the lottery I MIGHT be able to afford some ammo to try the dang thing out :D

Back