Norinco 97

jim.greenesr

Saw a Winchester 1897 Norinco clone at gun shop today. I know both of there are made to slam-fire; The word slamfire was either on barrel or receiver don't remember which. Everyone I talked to says they have never seen this. Has anyone here?
Thanks Jim Greene

I think they're talking about something different than the the way that term is used with semi autos. On a '97, if you hold the trigger down while pumping it, the hammer will drop as soon as the action is locked fully closed. And yes, I did it many times with dad's old Winchester riot gun. Just hold the trigger back, and the gun will fire as fast as you can work the action.

I have one of the IAC-imported Norinco 1897 riot guns. It will slamfire, but doesn't have any markings advertising this.

Despite the steel's propensity to rust if you you at it the wrong way (possibly due to poor storage by the previous owner), it actually is a well-made and reliable gun with nice-looking walnut.

I think it is properly called "not having a trigger dis-connect". The older Ithaca Model 37 and some others did not have it.

"...made to slam-fire..." No they weren't. Like the possum says, the trigger is held back when cycling the action and it'll go bang. That's not a slam fire. And that wasn't on a Norinco barrel or receiver.

I think it is properly called "not having a trigger dis-connect". The older Ithaca Model 37 and some others did not have it.

The original Winchester Model 12 is also one of those shotguns that lacked a disconnector.

Regardless of some opinions stated here It had norinco and the words slam fire on the barrel from the factory. Three other people were with me and saw this.

Regardless of some opinions stated here It had norinco and the words slam fire on the barrel from the factory. Three other people were with me and saw this.

All I can say is that mine doesn't have this marking and I've never seen one that did. This isn't an opinion. This is fact.

However, that doesn't mean a gun with this marking doesn't exist.

Perhaps a previous owner added the markings to the gun.

Back