NORINCO 1911A1 SLIDE FAILURES?

Jim V

I had told a friend in the Phillippines that I was buying another 1911A1 Norinco and he advised against it because of the number of reported slide failures. I have shot a goodly number of rounds through my current Norinco and have had no problems.

I have talked to any number of Norinco owners since I got the e-mail and I can not find anyone that has had slide problems with their pistols. Has anybody heard or seen any such failures?

I am still getting the NIB Norinco BTW. The price is too good to pass up.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

Have fired a Norinco a little (over 2000) and not even any real wear, let alone any sign of failure. No failures or malfunctions, either.

Jim

Lots of them around here and I have heard of no problems with them.Just the opposite nothing but good.

------------------
beemerb
We have a criminal jury system which is superior to any in the world;
and its efficiency is only marred by the difficulty of finding twelve men
every day who don't know anything and can't read.
-Mark Twain

Thank you all, I am starting to think that since the US was closed to the Chinese arms market, they cheapened the entire pistol and sold the junkers elsewhere.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum

Hmmm. I think the Charles Daly is made in the Philippines. Could it be a competitor bad-mouthing the competition?

Jim

Alexander was advised by his local gunshop to avoid the Norinco's and was told to buy the Armscor. He said there had been some failures at his club. I have posed this question on several boards and forums and have heard from only one (1) person with information on Norinco slide failures. He stated that a friend of his had an early Norinco suffer slide failure. He also said the gun owner was a shade tree gun hacker who had ruined several other firearms.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum

Back