Norinco 1911 - brief range report

CSG

Picked up a NIB one of these the other day after talking to Wilson Combat and soliciting opinions here.

The short of it is, shoots straight, reliable on 50 rounds of AE hardball, needs a trigger job. This thing must be set at 8-9 pounds!

I intend to leave it mostly stock. Will get a new trigger (recommendations?), wood grips, and replace the slide stop and safety stop with better mil-spec parts. Otherwise, it shoots better than I do!

Neat. The more I think about it the more I think a 1911 would be kinda cool, if I don't have to spend >$500 to get one. Thanks.

------------------
Don

"Its not criminals that go into schools and shoot children"
--Ann Pearston, British Gun Control apologist and moron

GDP,

Yup, this was $360 NIB. The guys at Wilson Combat really seem to think a lot of them.

Dang, you did well at $360. On the trigger, you may want to try tuning that trigger before buying an aftermarket.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

I keep hearing conflicting reports on how expensive the Norincos really are. Gary, what would you say is a fair price for one in your area? I'm starting to think they aren't distributed very widely and the area makes a difference. Then again, I have yet to see one in person, so if that's it then I imagine it'll be expensive in my area.

------------------
Don

"Its not criminals that go into schools and shoot children"
--Ann Pearston, British Gun Control apologist and moron

Haven't seen too many here in Missouri lately at gunshows but the going rate when I was seeing them regularly (last spring) was $325 - $350. Now they're going around $350 but I still wouldn't pay more than $375 around here.

Hi, folks,

I don't know about current prices on Norincos but I bought one used and have put about a thousand rounds through it with not a single problem. None. No FTF, no misfires, nothing but monotonous shooting. Mostly GI ball, but some Remington Golden Sabre. No indication of any wear. Trigger not great but smoothing up. I did not want to change anything from the factory gun, so I didn't work on it. Used both GI and original magazines.

Adequate accuracy (6" at 25 yds.) for what it is.

Except for the system under which it was made, I recommend it.

Jim

Back