No TruGlo

Micro man

I bought a Ruger American 308 some time ago and needed a scope for it. My budget is severely limited so I bought a TruGlo 3X9 x 40 from MC sports so I could at least shoot the rifle. The cost of the scope was about $40. The first time shooting the rifle I put about 10 rounds through it with no problems. I went back to the range today with my son and after 6 rounds the reticle started to move counter-clockwise at every shot and I stopped shooting when it went to the 10 o'clock position.
I thought the scope may have been loose in the rings but everything was tight. I know the scope was inexpensive but I did not expect it to crap out after less than 20 rounds. At this point I don't know if it would be worth my time and money to ship it to TruGlo or not.

If you want a reliable cheap scope look at Mueller. I have two and they have great optics for the money. Absolutely no problems with repeatable accuracy from range trip to range trip.

Inspector-thanks for the heads up. I will definitely check out the Mueller brand. Has anyone had any experience with BSA scopes?

With it being a .308 you will likely need to spend a little more on optics. That .308 has a lot more recoil than the cheaper optics can handle. From what Ive seen just handling BSA optics I wouldnt try it on the .308. Did you contact CS for Truglo?

Another Vote here for Mueller. Got a 8--32 x 44 on my 308. Very good tracking( passed the box test). Clarity is real good. I am not a fan of the 44 obj, but for $240.00 it is a great scope.

Had a BSA through Midway. All two of them were junk. Poor reviews on that model. I have a truglo on a Ruger 22 pistol and could not be happier. It is accurate and works great.

I have one on a 5.56 and never had an issue but 308 has more recoil.
I suspect that is the issue with yours but that not to say you did not get a bad scope.
I would step up to a better optic since it is 308 cal. I really don't see a cheap optic surviving with a moderate to heavy recoil.

If Natchez still has them the Nitrex TR scopes are unbelievable for the money. Out of production but were made by Weaver and I hear they still service and warranty them. I got a 3x9x42 for my .270 for less than $150. I have compared it to much more expensive glass and found no difference.

No Tru glo

I contacted Tru glo about the problem they suggested trying to return to MC sports.Itwas well past their 30 day return policy so no luck. I am in contact with tru glo again they want more info on the scope and a picture of it.So we will see where that leads.
In the meantime I found a good deal(I think) on a Redfield Revenge from Optics planet. I just ordered some Burris rings for it as well. I would like to try my new set up ASAP but right now it's 4 degrees with 30 mph winds in Michigan.

Back