no stainless 22 lever actions ???

A buddy & I were talking about the sorry state of Marlin, & it's lever actions, after the company was bought... we started thinking about what lever action rifles we had, & while I have most of the "necessary" calibers covered, I realized I didn't have a 22 Lever gun ( cool... something to add to the list )... bounced around Gun Broker a bit this morning to see what was available, I'm thinking the big loop Henry might be my 1st choice... but while there flipping through pages of 22 lever guns, I don't think I saw one stainless gun... got me thinking, for the use that most 22 lever guns are put through, a stainless gun might be nice... does anyone make one ???

Only Taurus (model 62), AFAIK.

M62LAR-SS.jpg

Otherwise, Brushed Chrome is about as close as you can get, look-wise.

Most folks who want a lever action want something with a traditional look. More bolt action users are willing to accept a more modern stainless/synthetic rifle. While it may be a good idea, I doubt if many would sell.

Most folks who want a lever action want something with a traditional look. More bolt action users are willing to accept a more modern stainless/synthetic rifle. While it may be a good idea, I doubt if many would sell.

that might be up for debate... I have a stainless guide gun in 45-70, & even my cowboy action gun is a brass & stainless 45 Colt lever gun... while I can understand the "traditional look" ( my 38 / 357 lever is engraved & blued, with fancy wood, & I love it )... many of the lever action rifles are used for deer hunting, & two years ago when I was deer hunting, I had a whole week of freezing rain... I was hunting with a blued single shot Contender pistol, & I was wishing it were stainless... alot of what / how a 22 lever action would be used, stainless would nice

BTW... I did find the Taurus after a search later, after I posted this thread... I have a buddy that can tune them if needed... so now I need to decide if I wanted the stainless, or the Henry... between the two, I'm leaning towards the big loop Henry

There is obviously a niche market for stainless levers, and you are one of those, but I still think that most folks would prefer a walnut blue lever gun. If there were a huge market, they would be producing them in greater numbers.

Back