No slug shooting from Cyl. Bore?

I think you are okay. The rifled slug is designed for smooth bore. Maybe they are thinking it may not have the best accuracy. Sabot type slugs made for rifled shotgun barrels. Rifled slugs made for smooth bores. Just be sure of gauge 12,20 and chamber size, 2 3/4" or 3".

Actually this is what you should shoot normal Foster type slugs out of. Since Cyl bore is basically "no choke" you are fine. It is when you want to shoot Foster type slugs out of a barrel with some choke you can have problems.

NJW

Slugs through a cyl bore is fine. At my local range, we aren't permitted to shoot anything but slugs, and on my last trip (the day after Christmas) I shot a 5 round group at 25 yards with my Mossberg 590 that measured just over an inch. I was trying out the Brenneke/Kent KO Slugs. I was pretty happy with them. In any case, shooting them through a Cyl bore barrel is absolutely fine, and quite fun. Just don't waste your money on the really expensive stuf like the sabot's - they wont perform well at all unless you pick up a rifled barrel. The other stuff, like the brenneke's prefer a smooth (cyl) bore barrel.
-Spyderman

No safety probs with shooting slugs from that bbl. Every shotgun is different in what works best, but as a loose rule sabots shoot better from rifled tubes, slgus from smoothbores. One no choke 870 here likes the 2 3/4" Brennekes.But your results may differ.

Back