NO More Hi caps in Cal.?? IS this Right????

2Fast

Inactive
NO More Hi caps in Cal.?? IS this Right????

I hear there is about to be a Law past where
No one will be able to have Hi Caps in the State on Cal. ? I think the Law is SB23?

Dose anyone know anything about this?

So say you can keep you mags.? others say the Law as Re-Works so you can Not keep you mags no one can have ANY you will have to turn them in or get them made in to Low Caps?

Dose this mean at all the Gun Matchs here in Cal. shooters can only use 10rders in the Match?

Any info on this would be Great.

Thanks.

SB23 makes it illegal to import then into the state, and sell them, loan them to you friends.
If you have them now, you can keep them, but you have to be with them when they are being used

chink

So say they have Re-worked and Added thing to the Law Bill? where No one could have them is this True? Have you heard anything about this?

I'm thinking of buying a New Para Ord. Limited for Match shooting but is you CAN NOT use the Hi caps at the Match with the NEW Law
I will look at other Guns.

No offense, but are you running your post through some free-ware language translator?

You can read the final version of SB 23 at www.sen.ca.gov - select legislature, enter sb 23 in the bill number search box, hit enter.

The grandfathered magazines will also prove difficult to use since you will have the burden of proving that they were in your possession before the enactment of this new law. How many people keep those receipts? I would bet that very few people do.

Stoic has it right...it effectively bans grandfathered hi-caps unless you can prove you had them prior...as he said, who keeps those receipts?
I didn't, so my Mini-14 hi-caps are effectively useless off my property.

2fast...do a search here on sb 23...its been extensively discussed.

BTW...the law goes into effect on Jan 1...so if you do buy hi-caps now(good luck finding them), save the receipts

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

[This message has been edited by DC (edited July 15, 1999).]

DC:
To my knowledge, that bill has not yet been passed, but it's almost guaranteed to. Here's what I recieved yesterday
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> CURRENT BILL STATUS

MEASURE : S.B. No. 23
AUTHOR(S) : Perata, Alpert, Bowen, and Ortiz, and Assembly Member
Villaraigosa (Principal coauthor: Assembly Member Scott)
(Coauthor: Senators Karnette and O'Connell) (Coauthors:
Assembly Members Alquist, Dutra, Floyd, Gallegos, Honda,
Keeley, Knox, Kuehl, Machado, Mazzoni, Migden, Romero,
Shelley, Steinberg, Torlakson, Thomson, Washington, and
Wildman).
TOPIC : Firearms: assault weapons.
+LAST AMENDED DATE : 07/12/1999

LAST HIST. ACT. DATE: 07/12/1999
LAST HIST. ACTION : Read third time. Passed. (Ayes 43. Noes 23.) To
Senate. In Senate. To unfinished business. Senate
concurs in Assembly amendments. (Ayes 26. Noes 13.) To
enrollment.
31 DAYS IN PRINT : 01/07/1999

TITLE : An act to amend Sections 245, 12001, 12020, 12022,
12022.5, 12280, 12285, and 12289 of, and to add Sections
12079 and 12276.1 to, the Penal Code, relating to
firearms. [/quote]

Possession of the "high-capacity" magazines is legal, period. It's a separate part of the bill from the part about "assault weapons." Magazines don't have to be registered, and you don't need to be prepared to prove when you bought them.

SB 23 is a bad bill, but don't read stuff into it that isn't there! I'd suggest printing out the final version of the bill and reading it carefully.

I'm not a lawyer; this advice is worth what you paid for it; yada, yada, yada; blah, blah, blah. ;)

The bill/law would change section 12020 (a) (2) of the penal code to allow punishing the sale, manf for sale, importations for sale, lending, giving away of hi-cap mags.
They are not illegal to own, just to sale, and or transfer.

---------------------
that was a paraphase of the leg. not actual text

Destructo..
yeah, Gov Davis has to sign it, and he will. It was one of his campaign promises...in fact he told them (Legislature) to bring it back after Gov. Wilson veto'd it, and he would make it law. Note when it was introduced...Dec 7. 1998, ready to go for the new Gov.....

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

Back