No More Gun Laws (editorial)

Hmmmm--I agree with the point that we ought to enforce the existing laws instead of making new ones. But I can't help but disagree with the fella's viewpoint that guns are evil of themselves. But he is entitled to his opinion.

I will, however, stress one strong point of his argument, and a major fallacy of the so-called modern liberals of the New Left:

Benjamin Constant, one of the great classical liberal thinkers of the 19th Century (that's liberal in the traditional definition of one who believes that liberty is mankind's highest political goal and that faith, a free market and limited government are central to that goal) , had it right when he said: ``Whenever there is no absolute necessity, whenever legislation may fail to intervene without society being overthrown, whenever it is a question merely of some hypothetical improvement, the law must abstain, leave things alone, and keep quiet.''

Strange how the modern "liberal" mindset is to increase governmental control.

------------------
Exodus 22:2 -- Biblical precedent for home defense.

I have a problem with my fellow gun owners who say the laws should be enforced more strictly with punishments more certain and severe. Too often we leave out the part about "violent crimes".

Remember, one stroke of the gun-banner's pen and we ALL are criminals. Sure and certain severe punishment for ALL criminals would put US in prison. Ref our comrades in California....

The general tone of the editorial, Ewok. More mention is made of taking away and doing away with guns than keeping them.

------------------
Exodus 22:2 -- Biblical precedent for home defense.

I like this part
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
It is so basic that it should be intuitive for every American: Good people with guns are a threat only to bad people, while bad people with guns are a threat to everyone.
[/quote]

For the record...

J.R. Labbe is a lady and she is very pro-gun. She doesn't think that guns themselves are evil.

Joe

<A HREF="http://www.netbabbler.com/goto/index.php3?forumid=12204">
Joe's Second Amendment Message Board</A>

Back