No excuses now...

kilotanker22

Well after two years of dodging it, Covid finally caught up to me. Now I have to quarantine for a few days. I figure the excuses I have had for not loading large amounts of ammo for the 5.56, 9mm, and 6.5 Creedmoor are out the window.

Now I have just got to decide where to start. I have enough components to load several thousand of each for 5.56 and 9mm. I have enough brass to load 400 or so rounds for the Creedmoor, and enough bullets and powder for about 1000 rounds. Wish me luck boys and girls! What is everyone else working on

Last edited:
Well after two years of dodging it, Covid finally caught up to me. Now I have to quarantine for a few days. I figure the excuses I have had for not loading large amounts of ammo for the 5.56, 9mm, and 6.5 Creedmoor are out the window.

Now I have just got to decide where to start. I have enough components to load several thousand of each for 5.56 and 9mm. I have enough brass to load 400 or so rounds for the Creedmoor, and enough bullets and powder for about 1000 rounds. Wish me luck boys and girls! What is everyone else working on
Get well quick! I've dodged it for 2 years myself, but caught it the day after Christmas. Seemed like a moderate cold...lots of congestion and coughing, a little run down. Now if the cough would just go away, I'd be fine.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Get well soon. Wife and mother in law both had it. I've managed to avoid it. Had to quarantine when my wife had it in May still haven't got my money from the government.

Thanks Everyone, so far I am already beginning to recover nicely.

I am going to start with the Creedmoor. Now hopefully I will be able to find more powder soon

dang Kilo..i hope you are getting better man!!!

i too have dodged this virus and im sure it is just a mater of time that we all see it in one shape or another

i live out in the boonies and i only go to town when i have too...keep a running list of things and try to only go 1 time a month...lol...i like the solitude and the quiet

my boy was out for the week after Christmas and we spent some time in the shop putting a new stock on his 6.5 CM ...it needed some mill work and some hand fitting but i got her shooting for him...looked nice too..and then we did some load workup for it and his 308..lol.. shop is set up so i can load and shoot right there, load from the bench move over and shoot out the window ...i was doing all the loading and he was shooting...i never did figure out why i had to do all the work and he got to have all the fun....but i guess i can do it any time i want and i was having fun anyway..lol

but when the kids come out, seems they ALWAYS bring things to shoot or for me to work on...lol

thats what i been doing...and avoiding covid as much as i can

hope you are feeling better Kilo

ocharry

Visited my sister, Sunday after Xmas.
Neice tested positive a day or 2 later.
Talked to my daughter on Thurs. She was saying about my niece. First i had heard anything about it from anyone.
And my wife works in a cardiology office!
Took test on Monday, awaiting results.
Daughter, her boyfriend and my 1yr old grand daughter all got it.

Kilo,

You have that many primers??!!

Got it 2020 Thanksgiving. Got pretty close to death. Took me a month before I could get downstairs to reload. Only had the energy to do a couple a day.

Spend 2.5 months trying to get well enough to work….then 6 months working on getting around half decent.

Yea, it’s real. Please do what it takes not to give it away. It’s not a gift!

Visited my sister, Sunday after Xmas.
Neice tested positive a day or 2 later.
Talked to my daughter on Thurs. She was saying about my niece. First i had heard anything about it from anyone.
And my wife works in a cardiology office!
Took test on Monday, awaiting results.
Daughter, her boyfriend and my 1yr old grand daughter all got it.

Kilo,

You have that many primers??!!
Everytime I have been able to buy primers I do.

I have roughly 4,000 small rifle magnum primers, 2,000 small pistol and 1,000 large rifle primers.

What I really need to find is H-4350, and find it when I actually have money to spend.

Good man…In 2020, I determined I had 9000 extra primers I sold off for the good of man kind…..now I wish I would have traded them!

In 2020, I determined I had 9000 extra primers I sold off for the good of mankind…

I wish I could find some charitable guys like you in my area. This vacuum of primers has gone on too long...

No excuses now...
Whaddya mean "no excuses"? You're a man, now figure it out! Just pretend your wife walked in while you are loading and asks for help carrying the groceries in. C'mon!!!!

KMO said:
I wish I could find some charitable guys like you in my area. This vacuum of primers has gone on too long...

You don’t. I sold them for a lot, just to keep the rest of my reloading going. Anymore you have to sell high to buy high!

Best wishes on recovery. My family has had it. 4 were vaccinated but went to a so called regrinds who (story still open) had one or two of 3 non vaccinated. 3 Were RNs!

Me? I am vaccinated and boosted and may still get it but if I can keep it down to mild I will be happy. Omicron is a fast spreader.

One brother non vaccinated got it and did ok, his wife, still lingering issues.

One of its ugly aspects, it can get into the organs and weaken you for X amount of time or the rest of your life.

Nasty stuff

Kilo how are you making out with covid and reloading? I tested + Monday. Don't know which variant i have. All I've been able to do is sleep.

Back