No Drill Sling Solution

Shadi Khalil

etaju5yb.jpg
Hello all.

My wife and I often take walks on her family's property and I these walks I'll bring along my 22/45, in addition to my edc. I like to shoot at random stuff as we walk, pine cones, stumps, cans, and maybe one day, a delicious rabbit.

While I Love the venerable 22/45, I was thinking, why not carry my 10/22 and 22/45? After all, what's more fun that TWO .22's? (Well I can think of one other pair but this is a family friendly forum :) My only issue was I did not have a sling and wanted to avoid drilling the stock if I could.

I looked around and found something called a Giles sling which wrapped around the stock so no drilling was required. The Giles slings are nice but was more than I needed and at $60 certainly more than I wanted to spend.

On ebay (which I rarely ever buy from) I found something called a LRRP Loop Sling. It's made from paracord and does not require any drilling. The Weaving is very tight and the pattern is attractive. I found it to be comfortable wearing around the house and seems like it would do the job on a hike. The best part? $24 shipped. If I end up really liking it, I'll pick one up for the 12 gauge.

Note - it's currently attached at the fore end but will soon be looped in to a pro mag barrel band.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385958115871.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385958115871.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 89
  • uploadfromtaptalk1385958187022.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385958187022.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
It only takes a few minutes to put good sling studs on a rifle.

Drills don't cost that much. You could probably borrow one if you didn't have one. :D

Besides decent sights, a sling seems like one the best improvements possible on a long gun.

Back in the old days, a piece of baler twine was good enough. Most of us farmers had some in a hip pocket for whatever needed tied. Your sling looks nice but would be more secure if you used square knots rather than "granny" knots. If you don't know the diff-oh well.

Back