NM, AR, WA, NC, OH, MS, OK & WI Law Updates

Gary Slider

New Mexico and Arkansas have signed a Reciprocity Agreement. The State of NM has not announced this agreement yet but they are very slow at updating their website. AR DPS has updated their website and has added NM as a state they have signed with. You can see the listing here:
http://www.asp.state.ar.us/divisions/rs/rs_chl_law.html

Washington has added Tennessee to the list of states it will honor. Tennessee already honors all other states permit/licenses. You can see that listing here:
http://www.atg.wa.gov/page.aspx?id=7772

North Carolina’s new law (H650) will make NC another state that will honor all other states permit/licenses. It will also allow carry in more places (State Parks Etc) but does not go into effect until 12/1/11. I will update the NC page on that date to show the changes in their law.

Ohio Restaurant Carry Law has passed and they have changed their law about how a firearm must be carried in a vehicle. They have dropped some of the craziness from just how the firearm had to be carried. This new law does not take effect until 9/30/11.

Mississippi DPS has announced that they have certified Enhanced Instructors who can train permit/license holders for an endorsement to their permit/license that allows them to carry in many of the places off limits in Mississippi law. I have still not obtained information on how this will affect those who can carry in Mississippi with a permit/license Mississippi honors. They can’t get an endorsement so all places in MS Law will most likely be off limits to those carrying in Mississippi under a reciprocity agreement.

Oklahoma has passed a new law that trims places off limits. This mainly opens parking areas and allows you to keep a firearm in your vehicle while on certain property. This new law does not take effect until 11/1/11. The OK Page will be undated at that time to show the change in OK Laws.

Wisconsin new carry law goes into effect 11/1/11 and on that date Wisconsin Residents can apply. They should by that time have a list of states they will honor. That list should be about 35 to 40 states long as they will honor any state that requires a background check to obtain a Permit/License. I have added a Draft Wisconsin Page to www.handgunlaw.us providing all the info I have at this time on their new law.

Any chance you might have the citation for that Ohio portion?

Google: Ohio SB17

Part is pertaining to the right to carry in a bar/restaurant, the other part deals with mode of carry in a vehicle.

Changes pertaining to cc in a car:

Old law stating ccw has to be concealed on your person or locked in a lockbox, glove box etc....no longer exist.

Old law of not messing with your ccw while in transit....no longer exist.

YOU STILL HAVE TO NOTIFY LE WHEN PULLED OVER.

Back