NJ home storage information

kx592

Im curious since NJ is so strict to find out if this is legal. I have a 590 SP on wall mounts in my bedroom up above the closet (no one under 6' could reach it).

1) It is exposed, elevated, and unloaded. Legal?

2)it is exposed, elevated, and the tube is maxed out with 00, chamber is empty. Legal?

Any input is appreciated thanks fellas

Do you have kids in the house? Even if it is high, it probably cant be high enough for kids not to get at, thats a major concern in NJ.

Nope no minors in the house, holiday gatherings it would be taken down and concealed obviously since we have a few 4-3-6year olds that would be around but otherwise no

Not sure about New Jersey law, but it is a good idea to lock a gun up when kids are around. Hiding sounds good until you remember that kids are experts at hide and seek

I don't know about where you live but home burglaries are not unknown here and some have occurred in this neighborhood. Because I find the idea of my firearms arming thugs to be extremely distasteful, I keep all my firearms (except the one(s) I'm carrying or using at the time) locked in a safe. To have an unsecured firearm of mine stolen and actually used to kill or harm someone would be unthinkable.

I live in a very good area, not saying its not possible, but its very very very unlikely of someone coming in. But back to the topic, is it legal to have it exposed? and more extreme, exposed and loaded?

legal yes,
smart, no

as said above, Leaving a gun out in the open is a primo target. Think Op-Sec. The less people know, the better.

Back