nipples for uberti

:confused:What brand of nipples will fit my Uberti navy and #10 CCI caps. I bought 3000 when they were hard to find last year and they are a tight fit on my stock nipples. So are the #11s.

nipples

As long as thread pitch is the same they are pretty much interchangeable.
Not always exactly.

Being Italian they will be metric. either 6 x 1mm or more commonly
6 x .75mm

get a donfirmation of yours then PM me if you want.

Caps are supposed to be a tight fit on the nipples. What makes you think that your guns nipples need to be replaced?

I went through quite a hassle with one of my Piettas. I could not get the caps to fire. The factory nipples had such rough machining that the edges of the caps would catch on the machining marks. I pulled the nipples and worked the out marks out in a wet stone. Gun fires just fine now.

Yes CCI caps are harder to push on than others I use a short dowel to seat caps.
Hartcreek mentioned "cleaning up" nipples, I have snugged them in a drill chuck and cleaned them up with a file. W that many caps it would be worth making your nipples fit.
As posted elsewhere Uberti changed their nipple thread when they started making parts for Colt.

Uberti doesn't use metric nipples on his gun. It takes 12-28 thread
Older Ubertis had 6x.75, before they started making parts for 2nd gen. Colts

And that was in what, the 70's? I would give odds that his isn't metric. Anyway, TOTW sells nipples for Uberti Navy's and they are 12-28.

noelf2

I didn't say positively I said normally.
The manufacturer could change horses in mid stream if they wanted and no one would know until they actually took a measurement of theirs.
But regardless of which size they are I have them all.
But he needs to determine his thread size and whether or not he really needs new nipples to correct his issues.
Sometimes you also need the nipple height from top of nipple to bottom of the shoulder flange.
Sometimes from brand to brand and model to model and year to year there can be a difference.

Being Italian they will be metric.

No, you said this ^^^ which is not correct, and in the case of Uberti this hasn't been correct for a long long time. Only reason I said it was I could picture the OP buying the wrong thread nipples based on your statement.

Back