Nikoon Optics?

smoney

A friend of mine that owns a gunshop got a nikon scope, (3-9 x 40) Buckmasters edition, i was wondering how their quality holds up, it will go on a 300 winchester magnum.

I am comparing it to a simmons, or bushnell.

thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I am comparing it to a simmons, or bushnell.[/quote]Then the Nikon will win every time. I personally feel that Nikon is in the same class as Leupold. I have had a 2x7 on a Ruger .30-'06 for about twelve years and couldn't be more satisfied.

Walter, Walter, Walter.... (shaking my head and laughing) :D

I have a Nikon 2-7x on a Ruger 77 .308. I've only shot the gun a couple of times so far, and I have yet to take it through the brush, but the $250 scope seems to be very high quality and durable. The optics are definitely clearer and brighter than those of typical $30 scopes.

------------------
Bulldawg: NRA, GOA, TSRA, Shiner Bock Connoisseur.
Bulldawg's Firearms Page

I am a republican walter btw are you the same walter on GT?

it is Nikkon, i screwed up, typeing too fast for my fingers.

thanks for your replies keep it up.

Worked for an old gunsmith who used to sell alot of Nikons. He would take the customers back into the shop, turn off the lights and have the customer look thru their scope at a spot on the back wall, then thru the Nikon. The Nikon almost always had a brighter image, sometimes alot brighter. He used the same power and type of scope his customers brought in. He sold a shi* load of scopes with this demo. I now buy only Nikon.
Maybe you could run a similar test at your dealers shop.

------------------
NRA MEMBER? GREAT, NOW JOIN GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA

Lenses are Lenses, right? Nikon makes some of the best lenses in the world. (note the period)

Nikon Sport Optics division has taken the same awesome lenses used in Cameras all over the world and adapted them for scope/bino use. The Monarch line of scopes run head to head with Swarovski and Lieca. The Buckmaster Series of more affordable scopes are excellent bargains.

I use a fixed 4x buckmasters on my Ruger 10/22 Mag and have a Monarch on one of my .30-06's.

They are clear and BRIGHT.

------------------
-Essayons

Nikon probably makes the best glass in the world. They make all their own glass, something other makers do not. Any other maker can buy Nikon glass, but it is expensive and they rarely do. Nikon makes more types of optical glass than any other manufacturer, that is one of their old boasts.
The usual argument is between buying one of those very bright Nikons or spending just a little bit more to get a Leupold which has undoubted build quaility and is American made. Whether Nikons will hold up on the heavier calibers is to my mind an open question. I just don't know and haven't seen any creditable discussion of this.
One of the features of the Buck Master series is a lesser quality of glass. Buck Masters have light transmissions of 95% thought each glass while the Monarch series has transmissions of an incredible 99%, per Nikon's specifications. This may seem like a small difference, but this adds up though each lens element very quickly. I did the math years ago and have forgot how to do it now. I don't know what other features are downgraded on the Buck Master series.

Back