Nikon Prostaff rimfire 4X32

reinert

Hello forum folks,

I just received a new Nikon Prostaff 4X32 rimfire scope from the little brown truck. It's really a nice unit. I set it up on my desk, and aimed it out the window at a dirt clump at around a guessed at 150 yds. The scope was rock steady on the desk, and moving my head back and forth, 'round and 'round with my eye on the crosshairs and the dirt clump, I found that the view was absolutely parallax free. Very fine indeed.

Here's my question: Are these Nikon rimfire scopes built the same as their centerfire ones, i.e., just as tough? I was thinking maybe I had a dual purpose scope here for use on my .22s OR my .41 mag Marlin levergun. I understand that rimfire scopes are set for parallax @ 50 to 100yds. or so, and this one seems to be spot on at close to 150yds (besides @ 25yds.). A shot from the .41 would most likely be well within 100yds. at a deer sized big game critter. So, would the scope stand up to some regular shooting at the range on the Marlin .41? No question about the .22. What I really like about this scope is that the eye relief (as it was advertised) is close to 4". That's a very good thing indeed.

Thanks for any comments,

reinert

Nikon 4X Reimfire scope

Rest assured your scope is built tough! It is a PORSTAFF scope through and through and will handle whatever you decide to put under it. You can check out Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program to see what your .41 will do coming out of the barrel and then see the adjustment's that may need to be made to increase your zero to 75 or 100 yard zero. I have used the PROSTAFF 4X on a 12 ga rifled Slug Gun with absolutely no problems. Let me know if you have any question's about using Spot On. Even though your parallax is set at 50 yards, your internal adjustment is still 1/4 click at 100 yards or 1/8th at 50.

Very cool indeed! My question is answered! What a nice scope, and at a very good price to boot. I'm looking forward to putting it through the paces. Thanks for the prompt reply, bman.

reinert

That prostaff rimfire scope will indeed hold up. I had mine on a T/C omega as a primary deer gun when i lived in indiana for 6 years, around 500 shots down range and never had to readjust.

Back