Nikon Optics

Excellent products.

Read the reviews for the specific optic you want. You can often make a good decision based on the reviews found on various online dealers websites.

Good glass and they are durable and accurate. I prefer other brands because of some features on Nikons that I just don't care for. They tend to be heavier and longer than other brands with much shorter eye relief.

They also tend to have a "tunnel vision" effect when looking through them. Imagine looking through a cardboard tube that a roll of paper towels came on. There is a rather large black ring around the edge of the view through Nikons where some other brands only have a thin black line that is barely noticeable. This combined with the shorter eye relief make it harder to get behind and get a clear view especially if you have to do it fast. Not as noticeable shooting off a bench where you have lots of time to set up the shot.

In the same price range I much prefer Redfield Revolution, Burris FF-II, or Leupold VX-1.

There is a rather large black ring around the edge of the view
I must admit I've never found the "tunnel vision" problem with any of mine. Might it be an eye relief problem as that would produce an effect similar to what you're describing?

Nikon P-223 3-9 BDC 600

I have used Nikon's P-223 3-9 for over 2 years now. When they first came out I did some product testing and later at Nikon Sponsored Shooting Event's. This scope is easy to use,clear and a great price! I have probably close to 5000 rounds under mine now and not one adjustment.

P-2233-9BDC.jpg

My Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 has been flawless on my .270 bolt action. I would definitely buy another Nikon scope if I were in the market for one.

The Prostaff scopes are very nice with great glass for the money. They have rebates of $30 or so every year or so also.

Looking for a cheap scope for a 223, what's your experience with
Nikon scopes?
What's your intended use? The range or to hunt? Of hunting stay far away! Very poor low light performance! But for plinking no problems. Cheap scopes for a reason

Back