Nikon M-223 on 7mm Magnum

joyflnzz

I want to use my Nikon M-223 on my Savage 111 in 7mm Mag. I know the BDC turrent is calibrated for a 55 grain .223 and it is a really neat feature that I hate to waste. The turrents are also zero-set.

My question is, are the ballistics of the 7mm and the .223 similar enough that the drop compensator turrent settings will be close at say 200 yards (probably longest I can shoot)?

Next question is will this scope hold up on the 7mm Mag which is more recoil than the .223?

Thanks in advance!

200 yards you don't need to adjust turrets.

Sight in 2" high at 100 and hold right on from 0 to 300 yards.

Sent from MIUI using Tapatalk 2.

Nikon M-223

Joy., If you have the BDC reticle it will be easy to get the proper distances for your circles utilizing Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program.
Go to Nikonhunting.com. click the SPot On logo and enter all your info.
I would suggest sighting in at 200 yards and the program will even tell you where you need to shoot at 100 or 50 yards to achieve a 200 yard zero.

Drop me a note if you have more question's or run into problems.

I hope that works out for you because it is a nice feature. You may have to just firgure it out after it's mounted to determine the cross over points.

I got lucky with a Burris BDC-type graduated reticle scope on my 45-70 Guide Gun. Zeroed at 100, first tick down is spot on at 150, second tick down is spot on at 200. Sometimes I'd rather be lucky than good.

Back