Nikon Buckmasters 2 Information?

globemaster3

I am looking for information on the new Nikon Buckmasters 2 line of scopes. I can't seem to find much information on them.

Prior to a couple years ago, the Nikon lineup in ascending order was Prostaff, Buckmasters, and Monarch. Back then, the Buckmaster was a descent quality scope in the $180-220 range.

Fast forward to today, and now Nikon has changed their lineup in ascending order to Buckmasters 2, Prostaff 3,5,7, and Monarch.

The Buckmasters 2 scopes price in much lower than the Prostaff 3, but I cannot tell what features are lacking in the Buckmasters 2 line.

Does anyone know specifically how these scopes compare to the previous Buckmaster line and what they are lacking compared to the Prostaff 3?

I recall there being a Nikon Pro Staff member on the forum, but the basic search for those words yields tons of talk on the scopes, but none on the person.

Thanks for your time.

Worst scope I ever owned. Not the 2 but, I'd buy a Tasco or Simmons before I spent good money on any more Nikon products. Just my opinion based on my experiences. Great warranty though, they'll send you a new one every single time it breaks.

Salty, sorry you had such a bad experience with a Nikon.

I have 6 Nikons of various models. All have and continue to work great for me.

So, anyone have any info along the lines of my original post?

I don't have a Buckmaster 2. The optics companies are fiddling with customers for some reason (---most likely money--). I have had great performance from 4 different Nikon scopes, 3 of which are Buckmasters. My guess would be that the Buckmaster 2 has left out some things that are cost savings.

I bought a buckmaster 2. 4x12. I returned it after trying to sight in. Couldnt find a good sight picture...eye relief was terrible. Bought a Leupold VX1 instead, and love it. However most Nikon scopes ive used were nice...just not that one. Ive read other bad reviews as well

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back