Nightstand Type Handgun Safes

twix

Has anyone any experience with these quick access type nightstand handgun safes? Or any other type of safe that would allow fairly ready access for the bedroom gun but will keep kids/ grandkids out?

I have used one for about 20 years now and think they are a great idea. Not only for the reasons stated but the thought of coming home and finding BG with my gun in his hand is real scary (mine work).

Try these folks a better vertion of mine (don't even know if mine is made any more).

www.rvsafes.com/drawer.html

I have a Mossberg Instant Access that I really like. It is mounted inside a drawer. It will keep nosy family or friends hands off its contents, but a burglar can just steal the everything, drawer and all. Mine is not mounted to be burglar resistent. Mine works well, is quick, and runs on one primary 9 v battery and also contains a second backup inside. Warning tones will let you know when a battery is going down.

I use one of these attached to my headboard, and in the trunk of my car (useful if I have to go into, say, the court building, where my CCW has been nullified, or the doctor's office) At $90 they have the advantage of being vaguely affordable, while being pretty damn sturdy. They'll hold several full-sized 1911's, plus other assorted stuff.

[I've also seen them relabeled with gun brands for 2x the price.]

653291_sk_md.jpg

Brinks Drawer Safe @ Home Depot

Dex
FIREdevil.gif

I have the same as Dex. The Brinks safes are tough to beat. I keep 2 1911s and an extra reload for each in the safe with plenty of room.

The other bonus is that it only requires 5 inches of clearance when closed.

Back