Night Sights: XD 9mm

stonewall50

So maybe this is a better thread location. Does anyone have any recommendations on pistol night sights? There is such a fast amount of Google knowledge and I am looking for first hand experience with the sights. I would like to find a front sight that is different than a rear sight. Does anyone have any ideas?

If your prefer 3-dot sights, I would go with Ameriglo. They have lots of different options to go with, including different color front/rear dots. They use Trijicon tubes and are less expensive than most night sights. Their customer service is great. If you want to try something different, Advanced Tactical Sights makes a really neat sight. Their "Firefly" option is a glow-in-the-dark front sight that you expose to a bright light and it glows REALLY BRIGHT for 6 hours or so. You get 2 or 3 different colors for each sight so you can choose the combo that works best for you. My friend bough some for his Glock 23, which is a gun either of us have never been able to group very well with since he bought it. With the ATS sights we both could make respectable groups with it. I'm buying a set for my XD40 Tactical. Keep in mind that whatever sights you go with, you may consider having them installed by a competent gunsmith because XD sights are notoriously a REALLY tight fit in the gun and I've read about many who couldn't get them out.

If your prefer 3-dot sights, I would go with Ameriglo. They have lots of different options to go with, including different color front/rear dots. They use Trijicon tubes and are less expensive than most night sights. Their customer service is great. If you want to try something different, Advanced Tactical Sights makes a really neat sight. Their "Firefly" option is a glow-in-the-dark front sight that you expose to a bright light and it glows REALLY BRIGHT for 6 hours or so. You get 2 or 3 different colors for each sight so you can choose the combo that works best for you. My friend bough some for his Glock 23, which is a gun either of us have never been able to group very well with since he bought it. With the ATS sights we both could make respectable groups with it. I'm buying a set for my XD40 Tactical. Keep in mind that whatever sights you go with, you may consider having them installed by a competent gunsmith because XD sights are notoriously a REALLY tight fit in the gun and I've read about many who couldn't get them out.

I will give them a look. Thanks man.

My experience:

TFO's: great to look through, but dovetail is too small causing loose front sight. Rear sight is hard or impossible to fit w/o gap to slide.

Trijicon: always nice looking and fitting 3 dot.

Heinie: great fit, pretty easy to install.

XS Big Dot: easy to use, but hard to be accurate with.

One quick question I do have about this particular site. I have heard that it does not present a very good quality site picture. Is this just somebody speaking from lack of experience? Did you have any drawbacks for this particular site?

Back